We all know someone who needs an intervention, and it seems like a scary thing to do. It shouldn’t be something to fear, however, since you are coming from a place of love. When you are ready, here are five things to make sure you do:
1. Write your intervention letter with a personal touch and no shaming of the person.
2. Be sure to include things you liked about the person before they became addicted.
3. Bring tissues – lots of tissues.
4. Set up consequences for if they don’t get help, and follow though.
5. Visit our interventionist directory to find someone in your area who can help.